Friday, April 8, 2011

harlequin hearts



I don’t remember the first time that I went on the eHarlequin site but I’ve been buying books from their lines for a long time. I just check back every once in a while to check if they have new books. For me, I think that along with New York Times Bestseller list dreaming I’ve always wanted a book contract with Harlequin. It’s like the Chanel bag of romance writing or the A-list party.
For the update on writing, I haven’t been working on anything other than Deflowering Lily but even that is going slow. I’m also a university student who won’t be getting any breaks between exam time and summer courses. But only a week at most before summer school and two weeks between summer school and September courses. Ah, but I remember in 2007 when I finished that manuscript Man of my Incubus Dreams. For the last couple of years I have been trying to edit that work...but it hasn’t been working out. For NaNoWriMo, the whole just finishing concept made me go off in random ways for the book and I don’t know if I can plot my way out of that one.
Next week is the deadline to apply for the Creative Writing program at my university. I am going to go for it with my manuscript by Monday and then forget about it. They don’t have genre fiction workshops and I love writing romance so...other than my poetry I don’t think they will want to help me out with my writing.
I’m still going on eHarlequin site even though I only ever see an interracial/multicultural book with a mixed pairing ever so often. It’s so funny how most mainstream books are for white audiences and then when it comes to African-American books I can’t relate to them either. I write in the middle for my Toronto-ish mixed population.
I’m aiming for at least another thousand words by the end of this weekend and then I might even drop some more word count for Ms. Host. For me, I wrote even without thinking of book  contracts but I think if I ever saw my name and book in Indigo I’d probably pass out and/or dance in the middle of the bookstore. I think both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk the good stuff with me. Haters beware of the delete button.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates